Dr Sarah Hodgson
Principal Dental Surgeon (GDC – 62578)
- Graduated: Manchester Dental School in 1987
- Postgraduate surgical experience: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, St Thomas’ Hospital, London, and Withington Hospital, Manchester
- Dental Implantologist: Trafford General Hospital
- General Dental Practice: North Manchester, Sale, now Altrincham
‘When I opened the practice in 2000, my vision was to provide unparalleled patient care and state-of-the-art dentistry in a relaxed, relatively informal way. That’s what we’re doing – and that’s what our patients like! They know they’re treated as individuals, not ‘dental cases’, and that they feel confident and secure. Their loyalty proves it: some still come to see me even though they’ve left the area, or even the country.
‘My personal focus is on general dentistry – family dentistry – with a particular interest in cosmetic treatments, such as tooth whitening, white fillings, veneers, crowns and bridgework.
‘And getting my work/life balance right is really important to me. So, since my children were born – my beautiful son Matthew in 2003, and the gorgeous Hannah in 2005 – I work part-time. It’s a great arrangement: I’m still dedicated to the practice and I enjoy time during the week with my children.’
Dr Sarah Ford
Dental Surgeon (GDC – 69603)
- Graduated: Leeds University 1993
- Vocational Training:1994
- PP in New Zealand:1995-1996
- Melbourne Austrailia: 2000-2002
- Manchester: 2002-2009
- Left to have a baby.
- Joined Greenwood Dental Practice: 2011
I qualified from Leeds University in 1993, and completed my vocational training in Hull. I then moved to work in private practice in Auckland, New Zealand before returning to the UK and working in Bristol and Bath.
I then worked in Private practice in Melbourne Australia and returned to my hometown of Manchester in 2001 where I worked in private practice on Barrington Road, Altrincham. During this time I did a years course on Cosmetic and Restorative Dentistry.
After having my son in 2009, I continue to work part time. I feel my experiences of working in other parts of the UK and abroad have increased my enjoyment of all aspects of General Dental Practice.
Outside of dentistry I love spending time with my family, walking in the Lakes and the Peak District.
Dr Ian Johnston
Dental Surgeon (GDC – 56033)
- Graduated: University of Dundee in 1981
- Postgraduate surgical experience: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Burnley General Hospital
- Community Dental Officer: Aberdeen
- General Dental Practice: Manchester, Cheshire and overseas
- Joined Greenwood Dental Practice: 2002
‘My time providing dental care at Greenwood Dental Practice has enabled me to build good relationships and rapport with many patients. My extensive general practice experience also includes spells in other practices in Cheshire and Manchester, as well as overseas experience in Germany and private practice in Sydney, Australia.
‘Hospital experience extended my clinical skills and allowed me to appreciate the particular benefits of general practice where I’m able to offer a full range of treatment options in providing comprehensive patient care.
‘I particularly recognise the need to treat every person as an individual with respect for their concerns, needs and aspirations for their dental health and appearance. Whilst being able to offer the latest in contemporary cosmetic dentistry, I feel that it is important for prevention of dental disease to be at the heart of my treatment philosophy.’
Dr Martin Barron
Dental Surgeon (GDC – 61519)
- Graduated: University of Liverpool in 1986
- Postgraduate surgical experience: Liverpool Dental Hospital
- General Dental Practice: Salford and Manchester
- Joined Greenwood Dental Practice: 2005
‘After qualification, I worked as a House Officer at Liverpool Dental Hospital before returning to Manchester where I set up a three-surgery practice in Salford. After selling up in 2001, I worked as a locum in numerous practices before setting down roots at Greenwood Dental Practice in 2005.
‘I enjoy all aspects of General Dentistry, especially treating children.
‘Outside of work I enjoy a social trip down to the rugby club, having hung up my boots some years ago. Exercise today involves treks up mountains, both at home and abroad, when time allows.’
Practice Manager (GDC – 115953)
Dental Nurse (GDC – 251991)
Dental Nurse (GDC – 216161)
Dental Nurse (GDC – 159051)